Friday, January 21, 2011

A space in between...

Today my hands and wrists hurt today. I spent a great deal of time sanding on some sculpted wings I have been working on and they started to hurt. So I put on my wrist braces and wore them to work.  It's terribly inconvenient though because I can't fully close my hand when I'm wearing them so it's difficult to put papers together while wearing them.  It also makes it much harder to throw papers because of the fact that my wrist is immobilized and so I have to make much bigger, sloppier motions using different parts of my arm.

I just wish there was a space in between pain and function.  I hate having to choose between being efficient and being free of pain.  It always seems like it's one or the other. Never both.

According to the doctor it is likely rheumatoid arthritis rather than Osteoarthritis.  He says that the good news is that it's so slight according to the x-rays that it can only be diagnosed as "MAY have MILD rheumatoid arthritis in her hands"

Well May and Mild might be encouraging words to the doctor, but I can tell you when my hands get to hurting there is no May or Mild about it.

Wishing everyone all the best,
Nichi Moondancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment