Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Arm Braces

Well I am supposed to use arm braces to help with my arthritis. They are supposed to help me to keep my hands and wrists in a good position and take pressure off of them or something. They are really itchy though. I know I'm supposed to wear them all the time but I find that I only ending up using them every other day. And not even for the whole day.

I've also noticed that when I wear them my upper arm and shoulders really start to ache. I guess that is because I was always using my lower arm, wrist, and hands to do most of the work. With my wrist basically immobilized, my upper has to do all the work now. I'm kinda hoping it will get rid my "granny arm dippers".  You know that flabby section on the bottom of the upper arm that never seems to go away, no matter how much weight you loose?

I absolutely can not draw well when wearing the braces though. They take away all the small muscle movements that allow me to draw well. I guess that's fine for schematics of customs and stuff, but it will never do for drawing actual pictures. I've heard that fingerless gloves  could help, but I haven't actually gone out to buy any yet. I should probably get on the ball with that. Those are probably more of a seasonal product.

I kinda wonder if anyone else tries to draw with arm braces on. Is there anyone else out there who has to wear them all the time? How long did it take to learn to work around them?  Oh so many unanswered questions.

~Ever yours,
Nichi Moondancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment