Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A follower!

So I have a follower now! My first follower! So I just wanted to say hello to Allison! Lovely to have you here Allison! Thank you for being follower #1! You get a cookie!



Now It's been awhile since I've updated so let me fill in the gaps.

Since the last time I posted I finished a magnum opus of a pony. It was the pony I did for the Epic Saturday morning cartoon swap over at the My Little Pony Arena.   She was the most heavily sculpted pony I've ever done and she was painted with metallics, which I've absolutely fallen in love with.


Beyond that I've also accepted a commission for a g4 pony who is based off of a g1 pony named Truly. This g4 will be the unicorn version of Truly.

Also I'm getting paid for a custom big brother pony I've made. He's Daddy Parasol and he will be being shipped out to his new home tomorrow, assuming I get the payment sometime today.



It's kind of crazy for me. People are starting to notice my artwork and pay me actual money for it. I'm having people want to commission me for ponies and it's just very cool.  Especially since growing up everyone always told me that I would never be able to make any money doing art.  Well, true, I'm probably not going to get rich doing this, but it does at least support my pony habit and pay for my art supplies. And that's enough for now.

As far as my arthritis goes, I feel it most on cold days and have shamefully not been wearing my braces. Any time I get a cut or injury on my hand and the braces hit them, it hurts so bad that I just can't wear them.  But I think the place where the rocks bit me is healed enough that I'll probably have to start wearing them again.  My only question now is,  how do I wear them while doing dishes? Should I be wearing them while doing dishes?  I don't know.  you'd think they'd get all smelly and dirty if they get wet....

1 comment:

  1. Then follow my running blog! ;)
    <3 ya sweetie!

    and you should wear your braces as much as possible. I have issues with my hands, and when they flare up, they only get better when I wear my braces.

    ReplyDelete