Thursday, February 3, 2011

De-hairing pain

Well now that the steam punk pony is done and sent off I've started work on de-hairing my next baits, A Remco Unicorn and a Starcatcher (G3 MLP). My hands are in so much pain now. The glue on the Remco mane wasn't so bad but the tail was a nightmare. I'm not used to tails being so securely fixed into a pony.  The Starcatcher was just the opposite. The tail came right out but the mane was secured with what seemed like Super Glue! It took about an hour of boiling the head off and on and making attempts at pulling the mane stubble out little bit by little bit.

My hands feel like they have been crushed by a large fat guy in cleats. And I still have news papers to fold and deliver today. I will most likely have to take an aleve or two in order to make it through the night. I don't like having to take pain pills so this is disappointing.

I really love making custom ponies but much of the process causes so much pain. plus I haven't had a commission since before Christmas.  I'm hoping that after I'm done with the latest swap that I'm in I'll have time to make some customs to sell and to finish up some personal pony projects. And hopefully I can find a way to do it pain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment